Thursday, December 8, 2011

Beehive Technique - Video

Hello All,

There are these times you want to just give someone a hug for being an inspiration so big that your life may well be altered (for good) because of their contribution! Well, my LIFE is not altered but my quilling SURE is. I owe Susan a big one for this technique. She was apparently 'playing around with paper strips and her slotted tool' and came up with a technique she calls the Beehive technique.

Her blog-post for that technique is here. I am including images of what she has created using this technique (May God improve her health soon!)



Now, I must admit that I have become obsessed with this technique because I just picture a million possibilities using this one! I can't stop thinking about the number of ways in which I can use this technique! I guess, I am going to be including it in every single project I make henceforth :)

So, I gave it a try and here is a tutorial video. The video is not an optimum quality (not even close to it, in fact) but my camera ran out of battery (what a lame thing!!!!!) and I used my computer's webcam to record it (bad! bad! bad!). I will sure try to post a better one soon, promise!

The credit for this technique is completely Susan's and I am just posting my humble take on it :)




If you use this technique in any of your projects, please make it a point to link back to Susan's post about it. She is the inventor.

Happy Quilling

Pritesh

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

37 comments:

Sathya said...

Nice tutorial for Susan's beehive flower....Pritesh!!!

Smita Satish said...

Thanks a lot....Pritesh..I have been trying to do this..this video is really helpful..Thanks to You and Ofcourse..Susan

Smita Satish said...

Thanks for the video and Thanks to Susan for the new technique....

Pritesh Dagur said...

You're most welcome Smita! Thanks Sathya :)

Hussena said...

thank you so much for this video pritesh...without it i could never have guessed how this particular petals are made...thank you so much for sharing:) and thanks to susan for inventing such a beautiful technique:)

Baukje said...

wonderful and beautiful creation!
Greetings Baukje

chillin with Quillin said...

thanks for the video, and Susan for the creation, love it!!!!
The jewelry is awsome!!!!
Paula

Mihaela said...

What a great jewelry. Looks elegant. Thanks for sharing!

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thanks Hussena, Baukje, Paula and Mihaela :)

Szalonaisa said...

Pritesh You are unbelievable with yours tutorials!! Thanks!

Nati said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

ecstaticoverpaper.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for sharing. It's gorgeous.

farahD said...

wow nicely done...would love to try one soon =)...

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thanks a lot Nati, Sylvia and Farah :)

Maneka said...

hello, this is the first time i came here.. through beehive i guess :)
it's a great technique by Susan... thanks for the video!!

Chami Crafts

Soraya said...

thank you for this lovely tutorial. I learn so much and will use it soon.

Quilltique Paradise said...

Thank you for this post!It really helped my alot. Because of you and your blog I tried this technique and it turned out wonderful!I appreciate you. Thanks~ and Happy New Year

Anastasiaw2008@gmail.com said...

This is nice and clear Pritesh and any one can follow. I love all your vedios. I have used a little bit of the "behive" in my new project which will be ready soon. Would love it if you could do the other leaves that I did for "SWEET LEAVES BLOG HOP" so many request and I am no good at tutorials. You do it so well. A teacher from birth :)

Pritesh Dagur said...

You're most welcome Maneka, Soraya, Madalina and Anastasia :)

Beelyana said...

Oh how easy this was! And it looks so complicated... Thank you for the video Pritesh

Pritesh Dagur said...

You're welcome Beelyana :)

Coca Matei said...

thanks you for video! superb

Purvi said...

I can't wait to try it, really great :)

Purvi said...

and I loved the title of your blog :) :)

Pritesh Dagur said...

Thanks Coca and Purvi :)

Divya Deepak said...

Thank u thank u sooo much for this Pritesh:-)

Jovi said...

I tried to do on my own without seeing your video and what a mess I made... It took me like over an hour to complete one heart... this is awesome... gonna do it this way now... super super... thanks so much...

Anonymous said...

I loved the video, but wondered how long the strip was that you used for the centre....to me that would be very helpful in order to not waste any paper either because I didn't use enough of a length or too much of one. Thank you for any help on this would be more than appreciated.
Betty Clement :-)

Pritesh Dagur said...

You're most welcome Divya, Jovi and Betty. Betty, I have used A4 length strips for the tutorial (approximately 30 cm each), both the outside strip and the inside. I am afraid, trial and error is the only way to find out what works. It so happened that A4 length strips worked for this particular pattern. I wish you luck :)

Deepthi said...

hey!! Thanks for the tutorial!!!
Will try this for sure!

Unknown said...

Hey Pritesh,

Wonderful tutorial.
Beehive looks deifficult but your tutorial makes it so simple. I have posted my work on my blog www.dquilling.blogspot.in
I have your beehive technique it turned out well (I hope so)...
Whenever you have a chance and time, please do visit my blog and suggest for better quilling in my work,,,
love to hear from you...

Thanks a ton again and thanks too Susan too...!!!!

Sindhu said...

Hi Pritesh!

I just love your tutorial! And I can't wait to try this one... I'm just a beginner...but you made it look so simple and easy :) You are super talented really!

Thanks a lot to Susan too..

Sindhu...

Coca Matei said...

thanks!inteligent

Connie said...

I have a question. How much pressure are you applying to the paper as you roll the tool.

Janu said...

Thanks a lot for this wonderful video. I am a beginner,i hav some doubts - what is the length of dark colour strip and what is the length of cream colour strip? is there s any ratio? for light colour strip,is there any particular interval distance to roll each?

Thendral said...

Wonderful! I am a beginner, just learning quilling.This is very inspiring...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the inspiring tutorial on Beehive quilling